Dealspl.us

Friday, July 27, 2012

First Birthday Luau

Months again when I was planning my daughters 1st birthday party I was looking for something different.  Being that my daughter is the only one born in the summer season I was searching the website for inspiration and came across Luau.  According to Wikipedia its customary for Hawaiian families regardless of ethnicity to hold a luau to celebrate a child's first birthday.  The theme was perfect.  So deep in my thoughts I planned away, First I selected the colors as my inspiration.  Pink, Orange and Yellow.  Below are my finished products, Thanks to pinterest I came across many photos that inspired me and just gave it my twist. You were met at door with a Luau Umbrella Door wreath.  The menu consisted of Pulled Pork, Island Rice, Homemade Salad Pasta and kid friendly Orange Jello slices.  For the children I offered a "Autumn" Temple (Shirley Temple) drink.  Opposed to ice cream we had Coconut Creme and Tropical Fusion Water Ice and Cake (Chocolate with Chocolate Buttercream with Ganache). Favors were leftover baby food jars filled with Orange and Pink Sand with a votive candle and also palm trees filled with Luau dinner mints. 





I hope you enjoyed the photos and if you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask.  Thank you,
PartyMom


1 comment:

Emily Lynne {The Best of this Life} said...

This is a fantastic party! Love the idea and the decorations :) Visiting from SITS!

Post a Comment